Merchandising is a great way to monetize your blog, especially if you have a strong brand and a loyal following. To monetize your blog by merchandising, you can generate additional income and increase brand awareness. Blogging can be a fulfilling hobby, a platform for your passion, or even a business venture. If you’ve been diligently writing and building an audience, it’s time to explore new avenues for monetization. One effective way to do that is through merchandising.
In this beginner’s guide, we’ll cover everything you need to know about monetizing your blog by merchandising, including:
- How to choose the right products to sell
- How to design your merchandise
- How to find a print-on-demand supplier
- How to create a store to sell your merchandise
- How to promote your merchandise
Choosing The Right Physical Products To Sell
The first step to monetize your blog by merchandising is to choose the right products to sell. When choosing products, it’s important to consider your niche, your audience, and your budget.
Here are a few tips for choosing the right products to sell:
- Choose products that are relevant to your niche. For example, if you have a food blog, you could sell t-shirts with recipes on them or kitchen utensils with your logo on them.
- Choose products that your audience will want to buy. Think about what your audience is passionate about and what kinds of products they’re likely to use and enjoy.
- Choose products that are affordable to produce and sell. You don’t want to spend a lot of money upfront on products that don’t sell.
Designing Your Merchandise
Once you’ve chosen the products you want to sell, it’s time to design your merchandise. If you’re not a designer yourself, you can hire a freelance designer to help you create your designs.
When designing your merchandise, it’s important to keep the following things in mind:
- Use your blog’s branding. This will help to create a cohesive look and feel for your merchandise.
- Use high-quality graphics and fonts. Your merchandise should look professional and polished.
- Keep your designs simple and easy to read. Avoid using too much text or too many complicated graphics.
Finding a Print-on-Demand Supplier
When choosing a print-on-demand supplier, it’s important to consider the following factors:
- Product quality. Make sure that the supplier uses high-quality materials and printing methods. You want your merchandise to be durable and look good, even after multiple washes.
- Shipping costs. Choose a supplier that offers affordable shipping rates, especially if you’re planning to ship your products internationally.
- Customer service. Make sure that the supplier has a good reputation for customer service. You want to be able to get help quickly and easily if you have any problems with your order.
- Integration options. If you’re using a platform like Shopify or Etsy, make sure that the supplier offers integration options for that platform. This will make it easier to manage your inventory and orders.
- Pricing. Compare the prices of different suppliers to find the best deal. Keep in mind that you’ll also need to factor in the cost of shipping and any other fees when determining your pricing.
Creating a Store To Sell Your Merchandise
There are a number of different ways to create a store to sell your merchandise. Here are a few options:
- Using a platform like Shopify or Etsy. These platforms make it easy to create an online store and sell your products. They offer a variety of features, such as product listings, payment processing, and shipping integration.
- Integrating with your blog’s platform. If you’re using a platform like WordPress, there are a number of plugins that allow you to integrate your store with your blog. This is a good option if you want to keep your store and blog on the same platform.
- Hiring a web developer to create a custom store for you. This is the most expensive option, but it gives you the most flexibility in terms of design and functionality. If you have a unique vision for your store, this may be the best option for you.
Whichever option you choose, make sure that your store is easy to navigate and use. Customers should be able to find the products they’re looking for quickly and easily. You should also make sure that your store is mobile-friendly, as more and more people are shopping on their smartphones and tablets.
Promoting Your Merchandise
Once you have a store to sell your merchandise, you need to promote it so that people know about it. Here are a few tips:
- Announce your new merchandise on your blog and social media channels. Let your followers know that you’re selling merchandise and share photos and links to your store.
- Offer discounts and promotions to encourage people to buy your merchandise. You can offer discounts for first-time shoppers, referral discounts, or holiday discounts.
- Run contests and giveaways to generate excitement and interest in your merchandise. You can give away free products or gift cards to your followers.
- Partner with other bloggers and influencers to promote your merchandise. You can collaborate on blog posts, social media posts, or even joint giveaways.
- Run paid advertising campaigns. If you have the budget, you can run paid advertising campaigns on social media, search engines, and other websites. This can help you to reach a wider audience and promote your products.
How Much Money Can You Make From Merchandising?
The amount of money you can make from merchandising depends on a number of factors, such as the products you sell, your target audience, and your marketing efforts. However, it is possible to make a significant income from merchandising, especially if you have a large and engaged following.
For example, one blogger who sells merchandise related to her food blog makes over $10,000 per month from her sales. Another blogger who sells t-shirts with funny sayings makes over $50,000 per year from her sales.
Of course, not everyone will be able to make this much money from merchandising. However, if you are willing to put in the work, it is possible to generate a significant income from selling your own products.
Read on more about How to Start Selling Digital Products as a Blogger in this blog.
Tips For Success
Here are a few additional tips for success when monetizing your blog by merchandising:
- Start small. Don’t try to sell too many different products at first. It’s better to start with a small selection of products and then expand your offerings as you gain experience.
- Focus on quality. Make sure that your merchandise is high-quality and well-designed. People are more likely to buy your merchandise if it’s something that they’re proud to wear or use.
- Partner with other bloggers and influencers. Partnering with other bloggers and influencers is a great way to reach a new audience and promote your merchandise. You can work together on blog posts, social media posts, or even joint giveaways.
- Provide excellent customer service. It’s important to provide excellent customer service for your merchandise business. This includes responding to inquiries promptly, resolving any issues quickly and efficiently, and offering a return policy.
To monetize your blog by merchandising can be a great way to generate additional income and increase brand awareness. However, it’s important to do your research and choose the right products, supplier, and store platform. By following the tips in this guide, you can set yourself up for success.
Monetize your blog through merchandising is a creative and potentially profitable venture. By knowing your audience, creating high-quality products, and effectively marketing them, you can turn your blog into a source of revenue while deepening your connection with your readers. So, get ready to share your brand with the world through your own merchandise!
Additional tips for success
- Offer a variety of products. While you should start small, it’s a good idea to offer a variety of products to appeal to a wider audience. You can also test out new products to see what sells best.
- Use social media to your advantage. Social media is a great way to connect with your audience and promote your merchandise. Be sure to post regularly and share high-quality photos and videos of your products.
- Run promotions and giveaways. Promotions and giveaways are a great way to generate excitement and interest in your merchandise. You can offer discounts, free shipping, or even free products to lucky winners.
Monetizing your blog by merchandising can take time and effort, but it’s a great way to generate additional income and build a strong brand.